There is an advisory committee (it is named as Professional Advisory Board-PAB at SICT) for each program offered at SICT. An advisory committee is composed of employers from related private and public companies and graduates who are successfully working in their chosen field.
Since the academic year of 2015-2016, the professional advisory board (PAB) of the WCET program is working with the members listed in Table 5.16.
The PAB members contribute to the program improvement by analyzing, advising and proposing in relation to the following matters:
- Regarding how well the PEOs are consistent with the Mission and Visions of the school and how they satisfy employers’ requirements and the necessities in the society
- Regarding how CLOs are determined rationally, what levels the graduate’s knowledge and skills are on, and how graduates satisfy employers’ requirements
- Regarding the course contents in the curriculum, credit hour allocation, PLOs and Assessment and Evaluation methods
- Regarding new knowledge and skills required in the modern wireless technologies
- Regarding if proposals to make changes in the curriculum is appropriate and rational
Table 5.16. Advisory committee members /WCET program /
|N ||Name of organization ||Representative’s name ||Position |
|1. ||Information Technology, Post, Telecommunications Authority ||Oyuntsetseg B. ||Senior Specialist in the Department of Satellite Communication |
|2. ||Communications Regulatory Commission of Mongolia (CRC) ||Amgalan Z. ||Director of Radio Frequency Monitoring and Regulation Department of CRC |
|3. ||Information and Communication Network Company ||Amgalan D. ||Director of Core Networking Department |
|4. ||Mongolia Telecom Company ||Munkhbaatar L. ||Chair of Managing and Quality Controlling Department |
|5. ||Mongolian Civil Aviation Authority ||Tumurbaatar B. ||Senior Engineer in Technical and Navigation Service Department |
|6. ||Mongolian Radio and Television Broadcasting Network ||Oyunbaatar Ch. ||Director of Mongolian Radio and Television Broadcasting Network Authority |
|7. ||Mongolian National Television ||Norovjav B. ||Engineer in Center of Radio and Television Technique |
|8. ||Mobicom Corporation ||Baatarjav G. ||Consultant in Technical Department |
|9. ||Unitel Group ||Enkhbat D. ||Director of Technical Department |
|10. ||Skytel Group ||BatmunkhTs. ||Director of Technical Planning Department |
|11. ||GMobile company ||Tungalag B. ||Senior Engineer in Transmission Network and Base Station Department |
|12. ||DDishTV company ||Jamsran J. ||Senior Engineer |
|13. ||Mongol HD Television ||Purevjav N. ||Senior Engineer |
By the academic year of 2015-2016, the PAB of the TET program has following members shown in Table 5.25.
The PAB of the TET program actively participates by giving valuable comments and recommendations to improve entire program. It contains the following contents but not limited to:
- Whether the PEOs is consistent to the mission and the strategical goals of the institution, and whether the program meets with social and employer’s needs.
- Whether the student outcomes are properly described, in what level the graduate’s acquired knowledge and skills are and if it satisfies the job requirements.
- Contents of courses in the curriculum and its assignment of credit hours, learning outcomes and evaluation methodologies.
- Mandatory knowledge and skills about emerging technology according to the program.
- The optimality and necessity of the improvement proposals regarding the PEOs and curriculum provided by the LAC.
Table 5.25 Members of the PAB /TET program /
|No ||Name of Organization ||Position ||Name of the member |
|1 ||Information, Post and Telecommunication Technology Agency ||Senior specialist of Satellite Communication Department ||Ts.Gantugs |
|2 ||Communication Regulatory Body (CRB) ||Secretary of CRB meeting ||T.Naranmandakh |
|3 ||Information Communication Network Company, Government owned company ||Chief Engineer of Metro Network Department ||D.Myanganbaatar |
|4 ||Mongolian Telecommunication Company ||Senior specialist of Technical Planning Division ||Ts.Bayarbileg |
|5 ||Mobicom ||Senior engineer of IP transmission division of Technical O&M Department ||B.Tuvshinjargal |
|6 ||Skytel ||Technology Division of Technical O&M Department ||Ya.Batjargal |
|7 ||Unitel ||Technical Associate Director ||D.Enkhbat |
|8 ||G-mobile ||Chair of Technical O&M ||Sh.Javkhlan |
|9 ||Civil Aviation Authority ||Chair of Information Technology Department ||N.Naranbaatar |
|10 ||Univision ||IPTV planning engineer ||L.Ulziisaikhan |
|11 ||Gem-net ||Nerworking Engineer ||Ts.Tsogbayar |
|12 ||Railcom ||Switching senior engineer of Railcom ||V.Sarnai |
The PAB held a meeting once at the end of each academic year and proposes recommendations. If necessary, they announce unscheduled meeting for making urgent decisions on certain issues of the program.
The PAB submits their recommendations on the program improvement to the department chair. The department chair will then transfer the recommendations to the DCC after introducing them to the faculties who are involved in the program. The DCC will manage how to apply these recommendations in program improvement process.